Happy Meatless Monday Galley Peeps.
The following is a little simple economical vegetarian dish for tonight's supper loaded with lots of rich layered veggies, some eggs, and milk. Even though I now have the Omnia silicone insert, I still prepare the pan with a good coating of my homemade pan release (recipe here)
Topped with freshly grated parmesan.
Then baked in my stove top Omnia oven.
When slightly cooled, slice serving portions and sprinkle with your fave hot sauce.
It's that simple. It's that good. It's that nutritious.
- 1 cup grated sweet potato
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Hot sauce to serve, optional
- Grease cooking pan well.
- Layer sweet potato, spinach and carrot in pan
- Whisk together eggs, milk, dijon and seasonings.
- Pour over layered vegetables.
- Top with Parmesan.
- If using conventional oven bake in a preheated 350 ° oven for approximately 40 minutes until egg is set.
- If using stove top Omnia, heat base plate on high for 5 minutes. Place covered Omnia pan on heated base plate on high for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low medium and cook until egg is set, about 40-45 minutes.
- Let set for about 5 minutes, then slice and serve with hot sauce on the side.