CRUSTLESS TOMATO CHICKEN QUICHE
Since I didn’t blog as much as usual during our summer trip this year (beginning of our story here), I have a lot of recipes that I feel are still blog-worthy even though we are now back in our land galley for the next few months (insert sad face here).
This next one is another ‘bits and pieces’ meal that used some leftover grilled chicken…
…a few veggies…
…some eggs and cheese…
…and was cooked in my treasured Omnia Stove Top oven to produce a tasty breakfast
The four servings meant that there were enough leftovers for another meal…a decided bonus for two on-the-go sailors.
- 2 cups shredded or sliced cheese of choice (I used Haloumi for this but gruyere works very well)
- 2 cups sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 sliced green onions
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder or cayenne
- 5-6 slices cheese of choice (today it was haloumi but Swiss would be great too)
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- Prepare baking dish.
- Layer tomatoes and chicken in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with onions and basil
- Whisk eggs and milk together and seasonings
- Pour egg mixture over chicken and tomatoes.
- Shake the pan to distribute the liquid.
- Top with cheese slices and top with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
- Bake in a conventional over at 350 ° for about 30 minutes or until egg is set or if using an Omnia stove top oven, cover and cook on the heated base plate over medium high heat for same amount of time.