BAKED AVOCADO EGGS
When we’re not heading out on the water early, I love putting together something a bit more special for our breakfast. On days like this our first morning coffee spills over to a second, sometimes a third so that by the time we eat it’s more of a brunch thing.
Many years ago now when we were in the dating phase of our relationship, Francois used to put together some really awesome brunches. One of the things I remember was avocado halves filled with sweet rich vanilla yogurt as an entrée (remember, that entrée in Frenchland is a beginning course), followed by cheesy omelettes filled with fresh veggies topped off with a chilled mimosa. But I digress….
Today in my galley I had a couple of avocados, eggs, cheese and some fresh asparagus, the perfect ingredients for a delicious relaxed brunch.
I also discovered a cool trick with the Omnia stove top oven. When the eggs were almost cooked I added about 1/4 cup of water in the pan, placed asparagus on the rack, covered and continued to cook another 5 minutes. Voilà! Crispy steamed veggies to accompany.
The only thing missing was a fresh momosa.
- 2 avocados
- 1- 2 eggs (depending on size)
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Whisk eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in onion and set aside.
- Cut avocados in half, remove the pit and carefully sliced a small sliver from the bottom of each half so each lies flat while baking.
- Scoop our a little of the avocado flesh to make room for the eggs.
- Carefully fill each avocado cavity with eggs.
- Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Set on rack of Omnia oven and place covered over heatted base plate.
- Cook undisturbed for 20 minutes or until eggs are set.