Not too many days left now before our dear R.E.D. is wrapped strapped and tarped for the winter months. This doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy a few last meals onboard.
Most of my galley has been emptied of cooking gear but I’ve kept my treasured pressure cook onboard for one last hurrah. The list of ingredients for this meal was minimal: a couple of pork chops, tomaotes and peppers, a few seasonings and some rice.
I brined the chops for an hour so they would be fork tender (my how-to here), then browned them in the cooker for a few minutes.
A delicious meal from my galley to yours ready in just nine minutes.
- 4 pork chops,
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cups rice, uncooked
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 1 cups water or broth
- In pressure cooker pot set on brown, heat oil.
- If brining, drain and pat chops dry and brown in oil, a couple of minutes each side.
- Remove chops from pot and set aside.
- Add rice, tomatoes, onion and peppers and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add seasonings.
- Place chops on top of veggies.
- Add water or broth and set pressure on high for nine minutes.
- When done release pressure carefully and serve.