Want an easy dish for your next Meatless Monday? Very budget focused, healthy, made with simple ingredients…
…the basics: pumpkin purée, onion and garlic, some greens and seasonings.
…the sauce, rich with either cream or a more healthy version with evaporated milk.
…all ready in the time it takes to cook your pasta.
- ½ lb uncooked rigatoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about ¾ cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried chilis
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cup cream or evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can pumpkin purée
- ½ cup parmesan cheese plus more to garnish
- 5 oz baby kale, roughly chopped
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain but leave some of the cooking water hugging the noodles to get better traction for the sauce.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and seasonings and stir for a minute or two.
- Add pumpkin, cheese and milk/cream to mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Stir in chopped kale and continue to cook until kale has wilted.
- Finally stir in pasta.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve with extra Parmesan sprinkled on top
Inspiration thanks to Annies Eats