EGGNOG DUTCH BABY
It’s surprising how little effort it takes to throw together something special for a Boxing Day breakfast or brunch. With the help of some Christmas gnome magic and all the flavours that speak of the season this creamy concoction was ready in no time.
For the purpose of boat galley cooking it was made in my stove top Omnia oven but in a conventional oven it’s cooked in a cast iron skillet.
It puffed up beautifully (thankfully that’s as far as it went)
With a little whipped cream and a grind of nutmeg it was pure heavenly yum!
- ⅛ cup of butter (1/4 stick)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Powdered sugar, whipped cream and extra nutmeg to garnish.
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet for conventional oven cooking, swirl around to coat the edges and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, eggnog, flour, salt, vanilla, nutmeg and sugar until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into buttered skillet.
- In conventional oven bake in preheated 400 deg oven for 20-25 minutes.
- In Omnia stove top oven bake in buttered pan covered on preheated base plate for 10 minutes on high, then reduce to medium low for about 15-20 minutes more.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a light grind of nutmeg.
Inspiration thanks to Lemons for Lulu