Having one of those days. Don’t want to cook. Don’t know what to cook even though I have a well planned database to choose from and a pantry and refrigerator fully stocked. I just DON’T FEEL LIKE COOKING!!! Let’s see what miracle I can pull from the cupboard. Always conscious of a balanced meal…protein, vegetables and some carbohydrates…I find a can of salmon…I find a can of corn…I find some jasmine rice…I find a can of coconut milk. Where’s my pressure cooker? I think I have an idea for supper.
This little bowl of yumminess was ready for digging in after 2 minutes cooking time in the pressure cooker. For the life of me I don’t understand why everyone wouldn’t want one of these amazing appliances in their galley or kitchen. Simply indispensable! Especially on hit-the-wall days when you just don’t feel like cooking.
Galley Kat Note: Tandoori spice blend is available through Taste of Mauritius in small batch packets and can be ordered online or are becoming increasingly more available in local shops around Nova Scotia. I don’t have any connection financially with the company but really love how the blend of spices adds that extra ‘something’ to a dish. If not available to you try adding an extra 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala instead.
- 1 can salmon
- 2 cups corn (canned and drained or frozen)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp tandoori spice blend blend
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 handful of parsely or cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Wedges of lime
- Stir everything except the parsely and lime into your pressure cooker pot.
- Place lid on pressure mode and set cooking time to 2 minutes.
- When done let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Carefully release the remaining pressure.
- Scoop into serving bowls.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of parsely or cilantro and a wedge of lime.