EASY MAKE AHEAD GRILLED CHEESE MIX
Finding ways to improve conveniences in our tiny galley is always welcomed and this next recipe is simply brilliant in its simplicity. We love grilled cheese. We enjoy them often. They are easy to throw together, tasty, satisfying and depending what you serve with them or add to them, a complete meal. So what if I tell you that you can make grilled cheese even easier?
Mix all of these flavourful ingredients together and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to use. Win win.
Thanks to Food 52 for the inspiration
- 4 cups aged cheddar
- 1 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped jalapenos
- ½ cup mayonnaise, plus extra mayonnaise to 'butter' bread
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground celery seeds
- Bread of choice
- Mix all your ingredients together and store refrigerated until ready to use.
- When ready to grill, simply heap desired mounds of the mixture onto one slice of bread.
- Top with second slice of bread.
- Slather mayonnaise on top bread slice and place face down on heated grill.
- Slather other slice with mayonnaise and grill sandwich on both sides until golden and cheese is melty