Oh my, but this was good! I made a batch of this pepper bacon and before it was barely cooled I had consumed or rather inhaled at least half of it. Sadly this was all that remained from one pound of bacon. Seven slices. I made a special trip back to the market for another package. Bacon addicts anonymous should be notified.
I think I’ve demonstrated how good it is on its own but added to a spicy grilled cheese is pure bacon heaven (my recipe here) and I have a very easy breakfast recipe coming soon for a little bacon and egg delight. The crispy sweet with a subtle bite of pepper was irresistible.
- 1 lb bacon of choice
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- Lay bacon slices side by side on grill sheet or baking pan trying not to over lap.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to cook the bacon in batches.
- Mix brown sugar and pepper together and spread generously and evenly over each slice of bacon
- In a hot oven (450 deg) or grill set at 450 deg cook bacon until crisp and sugar has caramelized, about 12 - 15 miiinutes
- I find that if your oven is hot enough you shouldn't have to flip the bacon.
- Lay cook bacon on sheets of paper towel to absorb any extra grease.
- When cooled, refrigerate until ready to use if you can resist eating it.