This is a happy Happy Hour in the making. Holiday season inspired and super easy to prepare…and I can now guarantee they are taste-tester approved.
It’s fun presenting these as little individual servings….mango sauce served up in shot glassses or little port glasses.
Let your guests grab a few extra shrimp on individual plates.
So good! So easy! I’m now wishing I had made more.
- 1 lb cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails attached
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced thai chili or jalapeño
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 very ripe mango, peeled and sliced (about 2 cups)
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, more to taste
- Whisk together 1 tbsp fish sauce, lime juice, honey garlic and dried herbs.
- Add cooked shrimp and let marinate for a minimum of 1 hour or max 24 hours.
- Throw mango, coconut milk, sugar and 2 tsp fish sauce into blender and purée until smooth.
- When ready to serve, remove shrimp from marinade and shake off excess bits.
- Serve with mango sauce for dipping.