PICKLE BRINE POTATO and GREEN BEAN SALAD with GRILLED STEAK
I’m afraid that I’m hooked on spicy extreme beans. It used to be dill pickles but oh that spice and crunch sends me over the moon. I buy them in large jars but recently the frugal Galley Kat in me was resenting wasting all that tasty brine.
So I made me some pickle brine potato and green bean salad. Within a few minutes pressure cooked we were ready to dine.
I barely had time to grill the steaks…but then we love then rare so my favourite grilling method on a super hot grill (2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, grill 2 minutes, flip, grill 2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, more minutes, let rest for another 2 minutes) worked well.
Slice the steak, plate the potatoes and beans, dot here and there with some chopped olives and dinner is served. A version of Salad Niçoise.
This is one of those meals that can be served at room temperature.
- 2 cups pickle brine
- 4 cups halved baby potatoes
- 4 cups green beans
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Steak for grilling
- Place a trivet or steaming basket in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Pour in the brine.
- Add potatoes and top with the green beans
- Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Carefully use quick release method.
- Grill your steak then slice.
- Plate the potatoes and beans, top with olives, and steak slices.
- Drizzle with some of the brine juices (optional)