I’m afraid that I’m hooked on spicy extreme beans. It used to be dill pickles but oh that spice and crunch sends me over the moon. I buy them in large jars but recently the frugal Galley Kat in me was resenting wasting all that tasty brine.
So I made me some pickle brine potato and green bean salad. Within a few minutes pressure cooked we were ready to dine.
I barely had time to grill the steaks…but then we love then rare so my favourite grilling method on a super hot grill (2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, grill 2 minutes, flip, grill 2 minutes, turn 90 degrees, more minutes, let rest for another 2 minutes) worked well.
Slice the steak, plate the potatoes and beans, dot here and there with some chopped olives and dinner is served. A version of Salad Niçoise.
This is one of those meals that can be served at room temperature.
- 2 cups pickle brine
- 4 cups halved baby potatoes
- 4 cups green beans
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Steak for grilling
- Place a trivet or steaming basket in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Pour in the brine.
- Add potatoes and top with the green beans
- Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Carefully use quick release method.
- Grill your steak then slice.
- Plate the potatoes and beans, top with olives, and steak slices.
- Drizzle with some of the brine juices (optional)