I have a REALLY good one for you this morning Galley Peeps.
Super easy to throw together…
Just a few simple ingredients…
Perfect for supper, lunch or breakfast…
Serve it straight from the oven…
serve it warm…
or as I found out while writing this post,
This is complete as is with protein, carbs and vegetables
but it’s great served with a crispy green salad.
You can also swap out the kale or spinach for other vegetables
such as zucchini, shredded brussels sprouts.
Change sweet potatoes for white potatoes or ready made hash browns,
or cheddar for Gruyere.
Add a couple more eggs for more of a frittata texture.
No hard and fast rules for this one.
And depending on your appetit and what you serve with it,
this gives you 4-6 servings.
Super delicious any time of day.
Many thanks to Pinch of Yum for the inspiration
- 1 lb sausage meat (I used maple & black pepper)
- 2 cups shredded kale or spinach
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used aged cheddar)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook sausage completely.
- Stir in kale and continue to cook until wilted.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs together with milk.
- Add cheese and egg mixture to potato sausage mixture.
- In well greased stove top Omnia pan add mixture
- Bake covered on stove top (medium low) or in a greased 8"x8" pan in conventional oven at 350 ° for 30 to 40 minutes until set and potatoes are cooked.
- Slice and serve.