One thing I bring a lot of onboard for the season is my Bisquick clone mix. It allows me to whip up scones, crepes etc with ease and it made a great topping for today’s breakfast.
As I’m writing this I’m thinking it’s time to throw together some more biscuits to serve with local strawberries. But I digress. On to the recipe at hand…
Little teeny tiny galley with a one burner alcohol/electric stove and no conventional oven and I can still ‘bake’ most things with my Omnia stove top.
Fresh from the stove top with a drizzle of maple syrup.
…and leftovers the next day, reheated and served in the cockpit with a boat sprout and tomato salad.
- 1-2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large sausage, casing removed (about ¾ cup)
- 1 can baked beans
- 3 eggs
- 12 oz milk
- ¾ cup Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Sauté onion, garlic in heated oil
- Add the sausage, breaking up into chunks and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in beans.
- Pour into prepared baking pan
- In mixing bowl combine eggs, milk and Bisquick and pour over bean mixture.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in 350 ° oven or if using Omnia bake covered on medium high for 30 - 40 minutes or until a knife in the centre comes out clean.