PARSLEY GREEN ONION HUMMUS
So versatile when one night you are enjoying a fresh delicious cracker dip…
So easy to make and will be a hit at your next docktails gathering.
On its own with a cracker or add the crunchy tangy bite of an apple slice.
…and the next night transform it into a tasty pasta supper…
…add a salad of tomatoes, bocconcini and a fresh crop of onboard grown sprouts.
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5-6 green onions,sliced thinly
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley (about 3 cups chopped)
- 3 tbsp tahini (or peanut butter if tahini isn't available)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch dried dill
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Add chickpeas and garlic to your foodprocessor or as I do onboard use an immersion blender and process until smooth.
- Add onions and parsley and process until most of the bits are chopped and incorporated. I like it a bit chunky but you can blend more until smooth.
- Stir in tahini, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Gradually add olive oil with blender running.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with your favourite crackers or crunchy veggies.