What is it about fluffy white hot dog buns? Certainly not my healthiest choice of breads but when it comes to steamed hot dogs piled with grilled onions or saurkraut and really good mustard they can’t be beat. And for some reason lobster or crab rolls fall into that same something-about-comfort-food-and-childhood-memories category.
Here you have it. My little guilty pleasure. ‘Marshmallow’ white bread hot dog buns slathered with butter.
All those healthy greens should balance it out.
And by the time you bite into that flavour and texture, you’ll realize that the bread choice is almost as essential as what’s on the inside.
Serve with a tangy tasty chilled Strawberry Gazpacho (recipe here) and your life will be complete. Maybe I have overstated just a tad but it was very VERY good.
Inspiration thanks to Food 52
- 1 avocado
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 cups crab meat
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- 6 hot dog buns (top split preferrable)
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 2 cups salad greens
- Old Bay
- Mash ½ avocado and mix well with mayo, balsamic vinegar and lemon zest.
- Chop other ½ avocado and fold into mayo mixture with crab, onions and pepper.
- Butter buns.
- Pile buns with greens then top with crab mixture.
- Sprinkle with Old Bay