Too hot to cook?
This chilled summery soup is filled with loads of farmers’ market freshness and bursting with so much flavour. I can hardly contain myself. And probably the best part – no cooking required.
All I had to do was dump all the ingredients into a large bowl and blend until smooth. That’s all there was to that. Chop, chop, dump and blend. I made it spicy (2 large jalapenos) but those could even be listed as optional the flavour was that wonderful.
Impress your guests with a simple ‘verrine’ presentation or spoon portions into little jam jars, refrigerate and pull out when ready to serve. Treats like this don’t get any simpler.
For today’s cockpit supper, I served a bowl-full of chilled deliciousness dressed with a little crumbled goat cheese and a yummy crab roll (recipe for that coming up next).
inspiration thanks to SpoonForkBacon
- 16 large strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 5 small tomatoes, chopped
- 2 baby cucumbers, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- ½ bunch basil, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces goat cheese, softened to garnish
- 2 limes, zested to garnish
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper to garnish
- Place all ingredients (minus garnish) in a large bowl and puree with an immersion blender.
- Serve chilled garnished with goat cheese, lime zest and a few grinds of pepper