Tonight we felt like eating something that felt clean, something easy. This was one of those winning combination meals when with a little planning I could put this delicious dinner together using only one burner (boat galley in mind of course). The potatoes went on first (recipe for my stove top method here)
Then, while the potatoes cooked, I prepared the rub and massaged the salmon to be set aside for about for 20 minutes.
Then I chop chopped the salsa ingredients so they could blend with all that fresh lime juice.
By then the potatoes were done and set aside and grill pan heated. The salmon took no more than five minutes and voilà!
Ready to dine. Easy, clean, healthy eating at its best.
- 2 salmon filets
- Olive oil to drizzle over the filets
- ½tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- I also used ½ tsp Old Bay spicy (optional)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2-3 slices red onion, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Several tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Rub both sides of salmon with oil.
- Combine the spices and massage into both sides of the salmon.
- Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine avocado, onion, lime juice and parsley if using.
- Heat gril pan on high.
- Brush with a bit of oil if needed.
- Sear salmon on each side until crusty brown. Depending on thickness, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve topped with a generous helping of salsa.
inspiration thanks to the Cookie Rookie