With just one burner to cook our meals onboard I really have to pick and choose what will take centre stage in the galley. It’s why I’m usually careful about leftovers and how those leftovers can be reborn for another time. Tonight was one of those times for two cups of leftover mashed potatoes from our yummy Apple Sauce Meatloaf supper to monopolize the space (recipe for meatloaf here).
Depending on the size of muffin cups this recipe should give you 10 or 12 little cheesey taters.
Tonight we enjoyed them drizzled with a bit of mushroom gravy (my fave recipe here) but they also make a great addition for your next brunch served with some sour cream or plain Greek yogurt,
Thanks to the kitchn for the inspiration
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated cheese, divided
- ¼ cup minced green onins
- Salt and pepper
- Miix together potatoes, eggs, ¾ cup of grated cheese, onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop into prepared muffins cups.
- Sprinkle each with the remaining cheese.
- If using a conventional oven bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until cheese has melted and is lightly golden.
- If using the Omnia stove top, heat base plate on high for 5 minutes.
- Place covered baking pan on base plate for another 5 minutes on high.
- Reduce heat to medium low for another 15 - 20 minutes.