With all that’s been going on (condo selling and spring boat stuff) we probably haven’t been eating as well as we should. Stopping to pick up some fast food breakfast in the morning so we don’t mess up the kitchen for home showings and frozen pizza for supper (no excuse there., just didn’t feel like cooking). Could be partly the reason for all the colds/flu/pneumonia/bronchitis, three rounds of antibiotics and trips to the doctor the past five months. And for someone who goes to the doctor only once a year for physical and standard blood work, this is unacceptable. I am so craving something clean, fresh and green tonight. Lots of green. Lots of garlic. Some free range chicken for protein. The basis for some tasty little bites.
To go with, I threw together a bowl of guacamole. Everyone has their own special way of making guacamole so I won”t bore you with my rendition but it featured lots of garlic, an overabundance of jalapeños and oh was it ever good! In case you care, this is what I mashed together: 2 avocados, 1/4 cup of chopped jalapenos (I did say overabundance didn’t I?), 4 grated cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup chopped red onion, 1 small tomato chopped, a grind or 3 of sea salt and pepper and a healthy pinch of cumin.
After a day of working on the boat this little happy hour compilation was so good and so very easy to throw together.
A couple of icy cold beer, some crusty bread and our meal was complete.
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil to drizzle and sauté
- Mix all the ingredients (minus the olive oil) together.
- Form into small balls (2 tbsp each should give you 12 balls)
- Heat 1-2 tbsp oil in saute pan.
- Cook balls in batches so as not to crowd.
- Drizzle with remaining oil as you cook to get a nice brown crust.
- Serve warm with you favourite dipping sauce (our choice tonight was guacamole but I find plain Greek yogurt with a touch of cumin mixed in is another tasty choice.
Thanks to One Lovely Life for the inspiration