COD FISH CASSEROLE
I made this simple cod dish craving something warming and comforting wishing away those last few days of winter. Originally I’ve made it baked in a conventional oven but realized that it could easily be reproduced in my little Omnia Stove Top.
Basic ingredients, readily available.
Cod filets poached in milk…
…then mixed together with seasonings and mashed potatoes.
Baked in individual ramekins it made a belly-warming supper for the two of us served with a side of roasted carrots.
Cooked on the stove top it was equally delicious…
…and I now have another easy recipe that will certainly be coming onboard with us this summer.
Served with a side of Zucchini Spread
- 2 cod filets
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 bay leaves
- ¼ olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 pinches of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. butter
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- Poach the cod filets in milk and bay leaves for 10-15 minutes until the filets flake.
- Remove filets from milk, reserving about ⅓ cup of liquid.
- In same pan, heat olive oil and saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add fish, breaking apart into small strands.
- Season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes, lemon juice, parsley, butter and reserved milk.
- If using conventional oven, spoon into individual ramekins, sprinkle with parmesan and bake at 350 until a brown crusted has formed.
- In Omnia oven, heat base plate for 5 minutes on high.
- Spoon fish/potato mixuture into Omnia pan, sprinkle with Parmesan, cover and place on base plate in high for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking until cheese has melted and a brown crust has formed.