I have a two-for-one post for you today. Tasty, tangy cod poached in a creamy sauce…
…and a crunchy vegetable sauté.
Once all my ingredients were collected, I prepared the Brussel sprouts and carrots stir-up then set aside to keep warm.
If you, like us, have just one burner to use, you could prepare the sauce before the vegetables, then there would be just the few minutes of poaching before serving.
The wonderful creamy lemony fish and the crunchy vegetables complimented each other so well.
- 2 cod fillets
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- 1½ tbsp finely chopped green onions
- Fresh parsley and lemon slices, to serve
- In saucepan melt butter until foamy but not browned.
- Sauté garlic and onion gently until fragrant.
- Reduce heat and stir in mustard and cream.
- Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add fillets to sauce and gently poach, depending on thickness of fillets flip after about 3 minutes and contnue to cook until fish flakes.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with extra lemon slice and sprinkle with parsley.
- 1-2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 dozen Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced or shredded
- 3-4 small carrots, grated
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp spicy smoked paprika
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In saucepan heat oil.
- Add carrots and Brussels sprouts and onion and sauté until cooked but not mushy, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve hot.
inspiration for fish dish thanks to Nagi of RecipeTinEats