I’m not one to seek out specifically gluten/or dairy/ or sugar-free recipes but this one caught my attention. I love anything lemon. It makes a just enough. Perfect for my little spring form pan and tiny refrigerator. Perfect to serve for a small dinner gathering and perfect for the two of us for several days. But how could something this good, so lemony, so sweet, be healthy I had to ask myself every time I went to the refrigerator to cut another sliver….and I went often.
It’s basically just nuts, dates, lemon and a small package of vegan ‘cream cheese’. That’s it.
And one small slice goes a long to way satisfy a little craving of something sweet.
- 1½ cups pecans
- 1½ cup pitted dates, divided
- 3 lemons, 3 tsp zest reserved
- 2 heaping cups cashews
- 9 oz vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup water
- Special equipment - 7" spring form pan, food processor
- In food processor blend pecans, 1 cup dates, juice of 1 lemon and 1 tsp zest until well combined.
- Press this dough firmly around the bottom of the spring form pan.
- In food processor blend ½ cup dates, juice of 2 lemons, 2 tsp zest, cream cheese and water until very smooth.
- Spoon filling evently over the dough and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove spring form ring, slice and serve.
Many thanks to Contentedness Cooking for the inspiration.