SWEET POTATO LENTIL STEW
I have a tasty dish for your Meatless Monday, Galley Peeps. It took next to no time in the pressure cooker. Or for those of you lucky enough to own an Instant Pot, you will barely have time to set the table.
This recipe is great on days when you don't have a lot of time to cook but want something hearty to fill your belly.
It makes a generous 4 servings, keeps well refrigerated for 5 days and freezes well.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 small sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 18 oz can lentils, drained
- Bread to serve
- Feta to garnish
- Set your pressure cooker on brown or saute mode.
- Heat oil and add vegetables cooking until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings, broth and lentils.
- Place pressure cooker lid and set cook time to 5 minutes.
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes then carefully manual release.
- Ladle into bowls, top with crumbled feta anad serve with some good crusty bread.