LEMONY POTATO SALAD
Good day to you my Galley friends. I hope you are all in fine spirits and good health….and of course ready for some summer time cookin’.
Nothing says summer dining than potato salad. Serve it warm. Serve it cold. Perfect side for back yard grilling, camping or picnicking. Make it creamy or vinegary. It’s all good. Everyone seems to have their favourite but this one is mine. Fresh lemon juice vinaigrette is tossed into steamy hot potatoes so they absorb all of that tangy goodness adding SO much flavour. Serve it warm or chilled (room temperature is best in my opinion). Serve ‘as is’ or try some additions (suggestions in recipe card below)…my favourite is slivers of sun-dried tomatoes and a sprinkle of sliced ripe olives. This recipe, a very Frenchy tangy no-mayo version, inspiration from Nagi at RecipeTinEats, is a winner every time.
And while you wait for me to return, here are more of my potato salad recipes for you to try…
Potato-ish – a very tasty low carb version CAULIFLOWER (not potato) SALAD
Finally my favourite German-inspired recipe, yellowy, rich and creamy WARM POTATO SALAD
…and while I’m at it, here some some grilling options to go with this awesome salad…
I even have one for you ’no face or mother’ veggie/vegan folks GRILLED CARROT DOGS
…peace and love…
Lemony Potato Salad
- jar with lid to mix dressing
- serving bowl
- 2 Lb potatoes baby or larger ones cut into 2” cubes
- 1/2 Cup sliced red onions
- 1/4 Cup parsley finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tsp sugar
- 1 Tsp dried dill Galley Kat Suggestion: or try sumac, a Mediterranean spice with a hint of citrus
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in saucepan with enough salted water to barely cover
- Cook until tender but not too soft
- While potatoes are cooking add all of dressing ingredients to a lidded jar and shake to combine
- When potatoes are done to your liking, drain and while still hot toss in dressing.
- Adjust seasoning and serve warm or chilled.