Hi there Galley folks. As we head into the colder days, I’ve been taking stock of some basics in my little land kitchen. I’m not a big fan of frequent shopping trips especially looking ahead to some nasty wintery days when I would much rather be curling up with a good book or binge watching some seasonal faves.
Today’s recipe is one of those great to have on hand, perfect for casseroles (especially welcome for Omnia users when it it sometimes difficult to get that browned crispy result)…
I also use it to scatter over a dressed salad for that textural crunch, instead of croutons. Does anyone out there have issues with trying to pierce those large crunchy croutons with a fork? Well this is the perfect solution. Using Crispy Topping you get the crunch without the irritation.(BTW, a wow over my Perfect Salad)….
Try the topping on one of these tasty Galley Kat casseroles before or after baking…
And it has become my must have on hand to sprinkle on this delicious pasta dish just prior to serving:
…peace and love…
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Cups panko crumbs
- 1 Tsp dried chilis
- 1/2 Cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 Tsp salt
- Add garlic to heated oil and saute gently for 2-3 minutes until frangrant being careful not scorch.
- Add Panko crumbs, stir and continue to toast until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Let cool completely and store airtight at room temperature.