Here’s an easy Meatless Monday treat for you Galley Peeps.
Rich sauted mushrooms swimming in a creamy lemony sauce.
Some greens to make it complete
All tossed in to buttery pasta then a healthy sprinkle of Parmesan and fresh parsley to round out the dish.
Bon appetit and you’re welcome.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 generous cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried
- ½ package of linguine, cooked, drained with ½ cup pasta water reserved
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup 35% cream
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan + more for serving
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- ½ cup chopped parsley to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in saucepan and saute mushrooms until most of their liquid is released.
- Stir in garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes more.
- Season and add lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in cream and ¼ cup of Parmesan and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted - just.
- Toss in cooked pasta and loosen with some of the pasta water if needed.
- Plate and top with chopped parsley and more Parmesan.