QUICK CHICKEN MASALA with CAULIFLOWER RICE
I’m trying out some more low carb recipes this week and am loving this easy cauliflower rice. You grind it in a food processor or use a hand grater, fry it up in a little oil and season. Francois said that when he closed his eyes and tasted it, was almost like eating real rice. One whole cauliflower is more than enough for the two of us so guess what? It freezes really well. I put the extra into a freezer bag, labelled and dated. Thinking of spicing it up for something Mediterranean next time.
The main part of this recipe was made super quick using pieces of cooked chicken. And the sauce came together is minutes.
I bought another package of my favourite seasoning to add to our galley stash. Don’t misunderstand. I gain nothing from promoting this wonderful product but just love having all of these flavourings in one package instead of several containers. It’s definitely coming onboard with us once we are back on the water for the season.
This recipe is more than enough for the two of us with leftovers for another meal but it was really hard not going back for seconds. And as Francois said, scraping the last of the sauce from his bowl, this is definitely worth a repeat performance.
Now wasn’t that easy?
Quick Chicken Masala with Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 Cup Onion Small, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Garam masala spice Taste of Mauritius is the best
- 1 Tbsp Fresh grated ginger
- 2 Cups Cooked chicken Chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 Cup Tomato paste
- 1 Cup Cream
- Salt and pepper
For cauliflower rice
- 2-3 Cups Grated cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- In saucepan melt butter and saute the onion until translucent
- Stir in seasonings and ginger and continue to saute for another minute or two.
- Add chicken and stir to coat with spices and onion
- Add tomato paste and stir until well combined
- Add cream and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Cover to keep warm and set aside while you make the cauliflower rice
for cauliflower rice
- Place grated cauliflower between layers of paper towel or a clean tea towel and squeeze as much of the moisture out as possible.
- In a fry pan heat oil and add cauliflower stirring for 4-5 minutes until rice is cooked and a little toasted.
- Add seasonings as needed.