For this next deeelightful recipe I used my recipe for Artichoke Dip as inspiration (recipe link here) and modified it somewhat for this Friday pizza party. Trying to insert more greens into our diet (doctor’s orders), I chopped a few Brussels sprouts to add to the mix.
And although I have several recipes for pizza dough, the one that I’ve been using lately has become my one and only. Takes very little time to proof and has yet to fail me.
Recipe for my super easy pizza dough\ here.
In our little boat galley, I do my best to keep the mess to a minimum but when it comes to making pizza, well, we love it that much that I just suck it up knowing the results will send us to comfort food heaven. And because of limited cooking/baking options, the effort becomes a joint process – I make the mess and Captain performs his magic cooking on the barbecue while I clean up.
Who would begrudge the mess when you can bite into this wonderfully cheesy tangy slice? And did I mentioned healthy greens?
- 1 recipe of your fave pizza dough
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can artichokes, drained well and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and minced.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups mozzarella
- Crushed chilies and ground pepper
- If cooking in convention oven, heat pizza stone to 450 deg.
- If cooking on grill, heat stone in barbecue at high while you prepare the pizzas
- Form room temperature pizza dough into 2 circles.
- Mix together cream cheese, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Spread evenly over each round of dough.
- Divide artichokes, Brussels sprouts and onion evenly over each round of dough.
- Sprinkle liberally with pepper and chill is.
- Top with cheese and bake for about 12 minutes until crust is brown and cheese is melted.