Hi there my Galley Peeps. I apologize for my absence. A blue funk has hovered over my head lately and I just haven’t felt like creating. So unlike me, I know. But I’m back today with a rather fun little recipe for you. I thought it would be useful for we who live in small spaces or those with limited water resources.
It all begins with a small container of yogurt and the fun part is that you use that same container to measure the rest of the ingredients. Cool, isn’t it?
This is the rather yummy result. Perfect in size for those of you who bake with the Omnia stove top oven.
A very light crumb texture too. Perfectly plain on its own with a cup of tea. Or if you want to fancy it up a bit, it would make a delicious base for some strawberries and cream or as I did here with some black cherry compote.
No talent needed to make the compote by the way…a cup or two of frozen pitted cherries, a splash of lemon juice, some lemon zest and a pinch or two of sugar. Simmer until the cherries are soft, remove them and continue to simmer the juices until they are reduced and a bit thickened. Cherries back in the liquid just in time for a very tasty and not overly sweet dessert.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you haven’t missed me too much and I promise to be more diligent in the future.
Peace and love…
- Mixing bowl
- Omnia stove top oven (for the ovenless)
- 9”x9” baking pan
- 100 g plain Greek yogurt 1/2 cup
- 1 measure grapeseed oil or other neutral oil 1/2 cup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 measures sugar 3/4 cups
- 3 measures flour 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Blend all liquid ingredients together
- Add flour and baking powder and stir until no dry flour remains
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan
For Omnia users
- Cover filled baking pan and set on pre-heated base plate for five minutes on high
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking until cake in goldden around the edges, about 20 minutes or until tooth pick test comes out clean
For conventional oven users
- Bake in pre-heated 350 ° oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tooth pick test comes out clean