I came across several recipes for Cowboy Casserole.
to bring onboard so thought,
why not make this into a Sailor’s Casserole instead
using our Omnia stove-top oven?…
afterall, Captain prepared our last two dinners,
it’s time for the Galley Kat to pull her weight.
oil for cooking
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small jalapeno, monced
1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers
1 small tin salmon, liquid included
1 cups cooked potatoes (I used a 28 oz tin, drained and quartered for this)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
Make the Jiffy according to directions and set aside
- 1 recipe for Jiffy Cornbread
- oil for cooking
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno, monced
- ½ cup chopped sweet peppers
- 1 small tin salmon, liquid included
- 1 cups cooked potatoes (I used a 28 oz tin, drained and quartered for this)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Make the Jiffy according to directions and set aside
- Sauté vegetables in cooking oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the salmon.
- Add the potatoes and mash a few with the back of the cooking spoon.
- Stir in milk and beaten egg.
- I 'painted' the Omnia with my home-made goop
- It's now my 'can't live without' pan coating.
- Set Omnia base plate on burner on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into prepared Omnia pan.
- Top with Jiffy mix.
- Place lid on Omnia, reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 40-45 minutes, or until topping is slightly browned and crispy.