ONE BOWL CARROT PINEAPPLE CAKE
Good day to you, my galley friends. I’m back to offer you a little sweet treat this week. I can’t stress enough now easy this recipe is…and moist…and super delicious. It has just the right amount of sweetness so doesn’t really require any toppings, although I did enjoy it with a little dollop of coconut cream.
Usually a cake of this size I would portion some to stash away in the freezer but my guy made such a fuss about yet another piece please, that I cut it into ‘daily’ slices and guess what?…it didn’t last the week. Oh well!
Good of you to drop by today my Galley friends. Before you go, why not check out a couple of my favourite cake creations…
…peace and love…
One Bowl Carrot Pineapple Cake
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 8-9” baking pan For conventional oven users
- Omnia stove top oven For the ovenless
- Omnia silicone insert Useful but not essential
- 2 Cups flour
- 1.5 Cups white sugar
- 2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 Cups crushed pineapple *do not drain
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- frosting of choice, ice cream, whipped cream, whipped coconut cream or ‘as is’
- In mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients until well blended
- Add all wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated, but try not to order mix.
- Add to prepared baking pan.
for conventional oven users
- Bake in preheated 350 ° oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and toothpick test comes out clean.
for Omnia stove top users
- Cover baking pan and set on preheated base plate
- Bake on high for 5 minutes
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue to bake for another 25-30 minutes until golden and tooth pick test comes out clean
- Decant onto baking rack to cool before slicing
- Icing, frosting or ice cream is not necessary but a touch of whipped cream or whipped coconut cream is a lovely addition.