Recently one of my Galley Peeps emailed me to say she came across my BISQUICK CLONE mix and sent me this really REALLY easy biscuit recipe, making easy that much easier.
It’s perfect for boat or RV/camper folks because all you need is some biscuit mix, a little melted butter and a can of creamed corn….things you would normally have on hand. That’s it! And my goodness are they ever good! F couldn’t keep his hands off them. I made a simple tomato soup for supper and these tender biscuits to go with and the whole recipe was gone before supper was finished.
Second making proved perfect for the Omnia stove top oven. The rack with a parchment round worked very well. The recipe makes enough for six very large biscuits (conventional oven mode) and a dozen smaller (Omnia mode in two batches).
Third making, I used my own recipe for cream style corn. Same yummy results. Thanks so much Bobbi for this recipe. It’s secured in my recipe vault and will definitely be coming onboard when we head out on the road this summer in our little land trawler, RED II.
Bobbi’s Easy Corn Biscuits
- Mixing bowl
- Cookie sheet (conventional oven users)
- Omnia stove top oven. Rack and parchement rounds useful (for the oven-less)
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1/4 cup butter (melted and cooled, plus more for brushing tops)
- In a bowl, stir the biscuit mix, butter and corn just until moistened.
For conventional oven users
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
For Omnia stove top users
- I used the rack lined with a parchment round. Alternately if you don’t have the rack you can scrunch foil and place around the baking pan, then add your parchement round. Then drop. spoonfuls of dough evenly on parchment, brush with butter, cover baking pan and set on pre-heated base plate on high for 5 minutes then reduce to medium low and continue to cook for about 15-20 minutes until edges begin to brown.