Sometimes the best meals are spontaneous, unplanned and made with onhand supplies. This super simple and really tasty supper was made with ingredients leftover from a recent Happy Hour appetizer (recipe for Steakhouse Bruschetta here)
A little grilled steak (coated with my Coffee Cocoa Rub)…
…and Bam! Supper is ready!
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (English or the baby ones)
- 1 handfull fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime + more lime to garnish
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tortillas
- steak for grilling (2 small filets made enough for 6 generous tortillas)
- steak rub of choice
- Rub steak generously with seasoning of choice and set aside
- Toss veggies in lime juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat tortillas and wrap in foil to keep warm while you quickly grill the steak.
- Grill steak to desired doneness, let rest for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
- Pile each tortilla with portions of steak.
- Top with dressed veggies and sprinkle with lime juice.