EASY SUMMERY LAMB BOWLS
Good day to you my galley friends. Following a recent guest from away visit, I have a very tasty meal for you. Full of Greek-inspired flavours, super easy to throw together, it was the perfect hot summer time dish to offer our friends.
Couscous is handy to have on hand because all it needs is boiling water or broth, five minutes of wait time, some seasoning and fluff of a fork and it’s ready as a base for a light meal.
Fresh veggies tossed in a light vinaigrette with some sautéd ground lamb and a sprinkling of feta and dinner is ready. I served it with some freshly made pita for those bread lovers.
While you wait for my return here are another couple of my fave easy bowl meals for you to try…
…peace and love…
Easy Summery Lamb Bowls
- Small saucepan with lid
- Mixing bowl
- Saute pan
- 1/2 Cup couscous
- 2/3 Cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp oil divided
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 mini cucumber sliced
- 1 bell pepper chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning divided
- 1/2 Tsp sugar
- 1/2 Lb ground lamb
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup feta cheese
- In saucepan bring veggie broth and 1 tbsp oil to boil
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in couscous
- Cover and set aside for five minutes
- Add chopped veggies to small mixing bowl and stir in 1/2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning, 1 tbsp oil, sugar and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Heat saute pan and cook lamb until cooked through, breaking into small pieces.
- Remove from heat and add remaining lemon pepper seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. You can at this point drain any juices from the lamb, but I left them in for greater flavour.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and divide between tow bowls. Top with marinated veggies and lamb.
- Drizzle with any remaining marinade and sprinkle with feta.
- Add a side pita bread