BRAZILLIAN COD FISH STEW
Desperately needing some fish. After all the moving stuff and at times not so healthy eating I really felt like something fresh from the sea. Afterall we’re now living just a few paces from St-Margaret’s Bay and some of the freshest harvest from the sea so tonight is the night.
Some sautéed veggies…
Seasonings and coconut milk…
Add the marinated fish…
And you’ll be ready to dine.
- ½ lb cod fish, cut into 1"-2" pieces
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- ½ chopped parsley or cilantro, plus a little more for garnish
- Cooked rice for serving
- In a bowl combine lime, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add fish, stir and set aside for about 30 minute.
- Heat oil and saute onion until soft.
- Add peppers and tomatoes and fish.
- Pour coconut milk over all, cover and gently simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve, garnish with chopped parsley and a side of rice.
Thanks to dizzy busy and hungry for the inspiration