COLD NOODLE VEGGIE BOWL
Keeping along the vein of easy camping meals, I created this next recipe with minimal prep in mind. It’s packed full of veggies and fresh herbs, with no fuss rice noodles, a final addition of Asian inspired vinaigrette and sprinkling of crushed peanuts.
I mixed the vinaigrette in a small jar, chopped most of the veggies in advance, and even cooked the noodles, drained and rinsed so when it was time to dine it was merely a matter of a quick sauté of the vegetables before tossing everything together.
I loved the fresh flavours and with the addition of edamame it gave us a decent amount of protein. You would easily add some grilled shrimp or chopped chicken but this was more than enough for two hungry campers at the end of a long hot day at the beach. And the best part for me was F’s comment: “Mmm! This one’s a keeper!”
Thanks a bunch for dropping by this week’s camp site and before you go why not try out more of my fave and easy bowl meals?…
…peace and love…
Cold Noodle Veggie Bowl
- salad bowl
- Saute pan
- Sauce pan
- vegetable peeler
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp soya sauce I use Bragg soya aminos
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tsp honey
- 2 Tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tsp chili garlic paste (sambal oelek)
- 1 Tsp Grated fresh ginger
- 2 Cups water
- 4 Oz rice vermicelli
- 2 Cups chopped Napa cabbage
- 1 Cup grated carrot
- 1 Medium zucchini
- 1 Cup chopped snap peas
- 1 Cup edamame
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 Cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 Cup roughly chopped peanuts
- Whisk ingredients together and set aside
- Boil water and add rice noodles, stirring to loosen the strands, pushing down into the water from time to time. Set aside for about 6 minutes while you prep the veggies
- With vegetable peeler, shave ribbons of zucchini
- Heat oil in sauté pan and add cabbage, carrots, zucchini, peas and edamame tossing and stirring for about 1 minute.
- Drain noodles and run under cold water several times to cool then add to salad bowl
- Add vegetables and herbs to bowl, drizzle with vinaigrette and toss well.
- Finally, sprinkle with crushed peanuts and serve. Leftovers keep well in fridge for a couple of days.