EASY CHEESY ARTICHOKE DIP
What to do with all that leftover holiday cheese? Make a dip! Add some greens, seasonings and a can of artichokes and voilà, dinner is served. Anyway for us tonight it’s dinner with all the main components: protein, veggies with a side of bread and crackers.
It made the perfect I-don’t-really-feel-like-cooking lap picnic.
When we are onboard with no oven this dip can be ‘cooked’ a couple of ways. Either place the heat-proof dish in the barbecue set on low or heat on the stove top until the cheese has melted. The down side is you don’t get the nice brown crust but the taste is still heavenly.
- 1 (8 ounces) block cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Dash hot sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cups spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crisp veggies, bread or crackers to serve
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pile into a heat proof dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 deg oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and slightly browned on top.