BLUE CHEESE and ROASTED GARLIC PINWHEELS
My love affair with puff pastry continues.
I made Cheese Straws with success
(for recipe simply click on image)
Next came my Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels, so easy and SO tasty
(simply click on image for the recipe)
Here’s another easy treat along the pinwheel line
for your next Happy Hour
using just 3 ingredients.
Pure crispy, cheese heaven!
Super easy and super delicious.
Aren’t you expecting guests?
If not, hop to it and share these.
- 1 package of puff pastry (2 sheets)
- 1 cup blue cheese
- 2 bulbs of roasted garlic, skins removed and cloves mashed
- parchment paper or grill sheet
- Heat oven to 400 ° F or Grill on medium high
- Mash blue cheese and garlic together.
- Spread mixture on one pastry sheet.
- Place second sheet on top.
- Roll sheets jelly roll style
- With a sharp knife cut 1" pinwheel slices
- Place each pinwheel on baking sheet lined with parchment
- or on a grill sheet.
- This time I didn't use the egg wash (1 egg beaten with a tbsp of water)
- to see if it mattered.
- No discernible difference,
- so I kept with the three-ingredient formula.
- Baked or grilled for 15-20 minutes until browned and crispy.